Two new free eLearning courses from VMware on EUC July 31, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware blogs, VMware Training.
Tags: Mirage, View
add a comment
Two New FREE eLearning Courses Available Now
VMware Education releases two new FREE eLearning courses:
The above is 4 hours of self-paced learning on the main features and components on the View solution, and how to install and configure View and covers.
• Diagram the View architecture.
• Discuss the key benefits and features of View.
• List common View use cases.
• List and explain the View components.
• List the main View deployment steps.
• Explain the View Composer requirements and installation steps.
• Discuss the View Connection Server requirements and installation steps.
• Outline the process for configuring the View Connection Server.
• Describe the tasks for installing a View Security Server.
• Explain how View Persona Management is used.
• Outline the process for creating and installing a View event database
• Outline the process and choices to set up vCenter Server managed desktops
• Compare PCoIP and RDP remote display protocol options.
• Describe the purpose of the View Agent
• List the steps to prepare the virtual desktop before installing View Agent.
• Outline the steps necessary to set up an automated pool that uses linked clones.
• Describe the process for creating and entitling a linked clone desktop pool.
• Discuss how to install and configure View Client.
• Describe how View is implemented on Thin Clients.
• Explain the importance of virtual printing.
• Demonstrate how to log in and navigate in the View Administrator interface.
• Describe how information in the Users and Groups page can be used to control and monitor View users.
• Create an automated pool.
• List the steps to set up RDS hosts
• List the steps for using creating application pools.
The above is 2 hours of self-paced learning on the fundamentals of Mirage and the business challenges it solves. The course covers.
– Explain how VMware Mirage works.
– Describe the process of installing VMware Mirage.
– Describe the process of configuring VMware Mirage.
– List the key business challenges and solutions offered by VMware Mirage.
– Describe the administrator tasks in VMware Mirage.
– Describe the end user tasks in VMware Mirage.
– List the VMware Mirage target use cases.
Passed my VCP5-DT July 16, 2013Posted by vbry21 in VMware Training.
Tags: View, VMware
add a comment
I managed to get my VMware View or to put it another way VCP5-DT exam sat and passed yesterday.
The exam itself was fairly straightforward, I’ve used the product for a while and also being a VMware Certified Instructor who teaches VMware View Install Configure and Manage, I should have passed.
Now, onto my exam taking experience.
I sat my exam locally at a place called Layer 7 IT Solutions in Ashington, Northumberland in the UK.
As always, I started with the exam blueprint. This is available from VMware’s Certification website.
The exam consisted of 85 questions and I had 1.5 hours to complete. The questions are multiple choice and most consist of a couple of sentences.
If after you have read the exam Blueprint and you fancy sitting the courses, they are as follows.
However watch out for the VMware Horizon View: Install, Configure and Manage 5.2
I know it’s not on the exam blueprint, but it will still help.
For a lot more very good info on VMware View, I would highly recommend the following resources.
Mike Laverick’s Building End-user Computing Solutions with VMware View.
The two chaps above both work for VMware and really know their stuff.