Two new free eLearning courses from VMware on EUC July 31, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware blogs, VMware Training.
Tags: Mirage, View
add a comment
Two New FREE eLearning Courses Available Now
VMware Education releases two new FREE eLearning courses:
The above is 4 hours of self-paced learning on the main features and components on the View solution, and how to install and configure View and covers.
• Diagram the View architecture.
• Discuss the key benefits and features of View.
• List common View use cases.
• List and explain the View components.
• List the main View deployment steps.
• Explain the View Composer requirements and installation steps.
• Discuss the View Connection Server requirements and installation steps.
• Outline the process for configuring the View Connection Server.
• Describe the tasks for installing a View Security Server.
• Explain how View Persona Management is used.
• Outline the process for creating and installing a View event database
• Outline the process and choices to set up vCenter Server managed desktops
• Compare PCoIP and RDP remote display protocol options.
• Describe the purpose of the View Agent
• List the steps to prepare the virtual desktop before installing View Agent.
• Outline the steps necessary to set up an automated pool that uses linked clones.
• Describe the process for creating and entitling a linked clone desktop pool.
• Discuss how to install and configure View Client.
• Describe how View is implemented on Thin Clients.
• Explain the importance of virtual printing.
• Demonstrate how to log in and navigate in the View Administrator interface.
• Describe how information in the Users and Groups page can be used to control and monitor View users.
• Create an automated pool.
• List the steps to set up RDS hosts
• List the steps for using creating application pools.
The above is 2 hours of self-paced learning on the fundamentals of Mirage and the business challenges it solves. The course covers.
– Explain how VMware Mirage works.
– Describe the process of installing VMware Mirage.
– Describe the process of configuring VMware Mirage.
– List the key business challenges and solutions offered by VMware Mirage.
– Describe the administrator tasks in VMware Mirage.
– Describe the end user tasks in VMware Mirage.
– List the VMware Mirage target use cases.
Free VMware Log Insight Fundamentals course July 14, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware blogs, VMware Training.
Tags: vCenter Log Insight Manager, VMware
add a comment
If I wasn’t a man of science, I would have claimed major deja vu , today I was extolling the virtues of VMware Log Insight 2.0 as a fantastic way to collect analytical data about your VMware system, and then I received notification of a free eLearning course from VMware.
Free eLearning Log Insight Course
The FREE new eLearning course VMware Log Insight [V2.0] Fundamentals describes how it works, its architecture, installation, configuration and how to use it for log analysis.
Register today — It’s 30 minutes well spent.
Tags: VMware, vSphere 5.5
1 comment so far
Today we are running a VMware Troubleshooting workshop and one of the delegates came across the following error when trying to open a VM console through the vSphere Client and also the Web Client. This was the case with all VMs.
UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE MKS: THE OPERATION IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE CURRENT STATE
Here are our solutions to the issue
- We noted down the Datastore for the VM and then removed the VM from the Inventory in the vSphere Client. We then browsed to the datastore and added the VM back to the inventory by Right-Clicking on the .VMX file. However with quite a few VMs, this may take a while.
- We rebooted the ESXi host, all VMs then came back working (yes a bit extreme, but it did the job, thank you vMotion, if live environment possibly done with no downtime).