Two new courses from VMware February 26, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware Cloud, VMware Training.
Tags: ThinApp, vCloud, VMware
add a comment
Two New VMware Courses
VMware releases two new instructor led courses:
VMware Application Virtualization with VMware ThinApp [V5.0] focuses on virtualizing Windows applications with VMware® ThinApp®, modifying the Package.ini parameters to handle special circumstances, and choosing the best deployment and updating processes for your environment. It prepares you for the the VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop (VCP5-DT) certification.
For more information on the VMware ThinApp course, click the following link.
VMware vCloud Director: Organization Administration [V5.5] focuses on the organization administrator’s role in VMware® vCloud Director® in managing cloud resources, providing hands-on training for operators charged with administering their corporate resources in a public cloud or a private cloud.
For more information on the VMware vCloud Director: Organization Administration course, click the following link.
VMware open UK vCHS datacentre February 25, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware blogs, VMware Cloud.
Tags: IaaS, vCHS, vCloud, VMware
add a comment
Over the next few weeks I’m going to be concentrating on getting fully up to speed with VMware vCloud Director v5.5. Why? Well I teach the vCloud Director courses and also I do find the whole cloud thing quite interesting.
Today however I was browsing the VMware website and came across their latest news release regarding their vCHS (vCloud Hybrid Services).
So briefly, what is vCHS? The following statement was shamelessly taken from the VMware web site.
“VMware vCloud Hybrid Service is a true hybrid cloud that enables customers to enjoy the cost economics and agility public cloud, while maintaining the same control, security, and corporate compliance they already have in their existing data center.
A quick breakdown of what this offers customers:
- Fully-redundant VM service – Unlike other clouds, VMware provides a service level agreement for VM availability, backed by fully-redundant server infrastructure using VMware vSphere vMotion.
- Enterprise-class storage – VMware uses flash-accelerated disk storage, 10G networking and congestion control to meet the performance demands of enterprise applications.
- Full network virtualization – VMware customers can deploy a rich set of load balancers, firewalls and VPNs using virtual networks, switches and routers to replicate their physical networking configuration, at no extra cost!”
What’s the news?
Today VMware announced their new UK datacentre in Slough , this now gives European customers a EMEA base in which to host their data and gives all of the benefits listed above.
For more information visit VMware vCloud site
For the press release visit the following VMware Cloud Blog
The only thing that could have made this news better would have been “VMware open Datacentre in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK”
VMware VCAP-DTA February 24, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware Training.
Tags: VMware, VMware Horizon View
add a comment
If you have sat and passed your VMware Certified Professional in Desktop technologies (VCP5-DT) then you’ll be pleased to know that we now have the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Administrator (VCAP-DTA).
The exam is a hands on configuration exam that really tests your knowledge, to pass the exam, you have to know how to configure view.
The exam demonstrates your ability to
- Install and manage highly available and recoverable Horizon View environments.
- Establish policies and settings for a secure virtualized infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot configuration and performance issue in complex Horizon View environments.
The exam lasts for 180 minutes and consists of 23 scenarios.
For more information visit the following URL
For the VCAP5-DTA web site visit the following URL
VMware ThinApp v5.x Fundamentals course February 23, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware Training.
Tags: ThinApp, VMware, VMware ThinApp
add a comment
Last week I was running a VMware Horizon View 5.2 Install, Configuration and Manage course, the last module is VMware ThinApp 4.7, however we now have version 5.0, thankfully those lovely people at VMware Education services have produced a rather nice FREE VMware ThinApp v5.0 fundamentals course.
The course consists of four modules:
1. VMware ThinApp Features and Concepts focuses on ThinApp’s features and benefits, the ThinApp architecture, and common use cases.
2. Capturing Applications discusses the technical requirements and steps for installing ThinApp and how to use the ThinApp Setup Capture wizard to virtualize applications.
3. Deploying and Updating Applications provides an overview of how to test, deploy, and update ThinApp virtual applications.
4. Basic Troubleshooting covers common issues that may occur when using ThinApp virtual applications and troubleshooting tools and recommendations.
For more information and to take the course visit the VMware education site at the following URL.