VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage Course January 16, 2014Posted by vbry21 in VMware Training, vSphere 5.5.
Tags: VMware, vSAN, vSphere 5.5
On the VMware 5.5 courses we talk about the new VMware Virtual SAN technology, generally this topic proves to be quite popular and I get asked where delegates can get more information.
A really good resource is VMware’s Hands on Labs site. This site allows you to play with VMware technologies via some pretty decent Labs.
http://labs.hol.vmware.com and select the vSAN lab.
Also check out VMware’s Storage Blog.
Finally and most relevant to me as a VMware Certified Instructor, VMware have released a 2 day VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage course.
The course covers the following.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
Define the key components of a software-defined data center
- Identify benefits of software-defined storage solutions
- Compare and contrast disk types and storage technologies
- Explain file, block, and object-oriented storage
- Identify Virtual SAN requirements, use cases, and architecture components
- Plan and design a Virtual SAN deployment
- Configure Virtual SAN clusters
- Identify benefits of storage policy-based management
- Scale a Virtual SAN deployment based on storage needs
- Monitor Virtual SAN
- Troubleshoot Virtual SAN
- Identify the integration of Virtual SAN with the VMware product portfolio
For more information check out the following web site